Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jetstar... the user pays part 3

I know its been a rather long time between blogs, but I went home to Newcastle for my month university break. I am sorry about my absence but be rest assured I have quite a few blog ideas up my sleeve!

Something I did want to let you know though was the results of the ongoing Jetstar saga. In my last blog, I spoke about getting an 'unofficial' response from Jetstar on their Facebook page and how they said they'd be in touch with me soon regarding my booking. I still have not heard anything from them since their Facebook response. I sent another submission in talking about how it was news to me that I could book online, but I had tried and had not been successful. I am still waiting to hear back from them regarding my first and second submission.

However, in the last couple of days, I was booking flights from Newcastle to Melbourne for my parents to come and visit me in about six weeks time and I made a very interesting discovery. I was in a hurry to get the cheap flights so I was unable to stop and carefully examine what I saw, but I went back and booked a 'fake' flight for myself.

I discovered that I can successfully make a flight booking online!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes, I almost wanted to get up and do a dance!

See for yourself:


I'm still not entirely impressed that they haven't responded to either of my submissions and I'm still not happy about the $14 booking fee but at least we don't need to pay for the extra $40 as well. I'll definitely be interested to see if they ever get back to me!

I'll be blogging again before too long, but just wanted to share my excitement with you because I now do not have to talk to people at Jetstar who don't understand me! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment